Indian stuff

My thoughts and opinions on Native issues in America.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

still blogging #5

Thanks for the comments on the blog.. here are two videos to take a look at.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbhQ-335yec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE9LCHI9T_o

      Still learning to get around on this..  So, my own opinion on if whites should be in ceremonies is yes..  Native people are of mixed blood and mixed cultures.  Native people have had to embrace the dominate society and cultures, and even the different religions.  The red road is not a religion, it is a way of life, practiced for thousands of years, longer than any religion.  There is an understanding among natives that it is to be shared with the people, yet sometimes we close the door for private reasons.  To many times have we seen native cultures exploited, and twisted, for whatever reasons.  So yes, it is difficult to share with other people.  All peoples...

    We all need to respect each other as best we can, no one is perfect.  Humans are not perfect, and sometimes I elect not to participate with natives and non-natives.  So too, all people will have to make that decision as well.  I have never paid for a North American ceremony, there shouldn't be a cover charge to get in the door.  At this point I feel this way about it.

   Thanks again...   

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have paid, but not at the door and it wasn't much more than a minor flesh wound

lileskimo77 said...

haha, so have I. maybe next time we can stand in the other line. and they told me it was the chow line, lol.

lileskimo77 said...

Please read the words more closely. I wrote that they have had to embrace the dominate society. What other way was there to embrace, our own was frowned upon30 years ago. We have been lucky, to be able to help continue on with traditions, that have been private by the ones 30 years ago. I do not mean to not dismiss any of our elders.

Anonymous said...

Not sure what that was in response to.

lileskimo77 said...

That wasn't about you anonymous, it was on facebook. so you seem to be Budda. thanks for the dialog as well.